This is Release 2 of PinkEgoBox, an MSNP Server Suite implementation.
The following users exist in the database:
To sign in and add users:
* Run the program
* Select 'h' to automatically update your hosts file
* Run a copy of MSN Messenger from 1.0 to 4.7.0105
* Login using one of the three credentials above, you can add the other two users
To sign in and talk to other users:
* Same as above, run the server program and login
* To run all clients on the same machine:
* Run Sysinternals Process Explorer to locate the 'MSMSGS' System Event and close it, then you can re-open another copy of MSN Messenger on the same machine and login as another user and start a chat
* To run clients on different machines, on a LAN, for example:
* Open the %windir%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file on all the machines
* Add this entry: '22.214.171.124 messenger.hotmail.com'
* Substitute 126.96.36.199 with the IP address the server is listening on (this is displayed under the PEB logo)
* Ensure no firewall is bocking ports 1863, 1864, and 1865
To give feedback:
* Visit http://pinkegobox.codeplex.com
* Added basic support for MSNP3 and 4, which means it goes up to MSN/Windows Messenger 4.7.0105 (but not 4.7.3001)
* I haven't made any behaviour changes in the addition of MSNP3 and MSNP4. I know some required functionality is missing
* For example, Windows Messenger 4.7.0105 seems to be waiting for some message from the NS or SB when logging out even after receiving an echo for their OUT command
* Fixed numerous list-related bugs
* Now correctly uses the BLP setting rather than GTC setting for determining users' permissions when not explicitly on the AL or BL
* Renaming yourself correctly gives updates to your allowed reverse list
* List removal is now re-enabled (I temporarily commented out the code for Release 1)
Coming in Release 3
* FND and SND still haven't been implemented yet. Your client will just display an error message saying it's unavailable
* When adding another user, you don't get their status until they do an update.
* A simple GUI tool for managing the database without having to install a separate SQLite GUI.